Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a nice, relaxing day for this mommy.  I had high hopes of visiting the Botanical Gardens, but my body and mind were exhausted after a busy week.  Craig got the 3 pink walls of Kate's room painted so now we just need the gray wall completed.  My boys took me out to dinner and got me red roses and the heart necklace I wanted so badly.  It is so beautiful, pink and precious!!  Kate will love it someday! 



It is so hard to believe that in 6 short weeks I will be packing my bag and preparing for Kate's arrival!  The anxious feelings have definitely set in, but I'm also excited to not be pregnant anymore (my back will be so happy).  I am still having weekly appointments to monitor Kate and so far she is doing great.  Craig and I will be going to Cardinal Glennon this Thursday to meet with Kate's surgeons, delivery doctor and nurses.  The plan is for me to deliver at Cardinal Glennon, so Kate will be ready for intervention, if needed.  They don't normally deliver babies there, but I guess we are special;)  I won't get to stay with her though for my recovery from the c-section...they are sending me back to Mercy since they can properly take care of me.  That will be so difficult, but I know I need those first few days to recover, so I can be super strong for Kate. I will update once we know more of the details.  And Kate is having a growth ultrasound this week...I'm so curious to see how big she is getting b/c my belly is getting big!

No comments:

Post a Comment