Well we are getting close to Kate's arrival...We still don't have a definite date, but it looks like 6/26 or 6/27. Things are still being coordinated with the surgeons, delivery doctor, heart cath lab and Cardinal Glennon. We had our "big" meeting with them last Thursday, it was a very emotional day. Talking to her surgeon, delivery doctor and sitting through more ultrasounds was the easy part...actually seeing the NICU and the hospital where Kate will spend the first few weeks (or longer) of her life was really difficult. Her surgeon has lots of experience and seemed very confident, but we have no idea what to really expect. Her heart ultrasound showed no change, meaning that her atrial septum is intact and will need to be opened immediately upon birth to have proper blood flow from her lungs to her heart. She will be delivered at Cardinal Glennon so she can immediate attention and I will be transferred back to Mercy (St. Johns) a few hours after my c-section. They can't care for me at Cardinal Glennon, so I will have to leave my baby for a few days to recover. I know I will probably cry most of the time I'm away from her, but Craig will be with her.
We did get some 3D pics of her and she is in the 57th percentile for growth. At 33.5 weeks she was measuring 4lb 13oz. She is so much more active than Jacob ever was, so hopefully she is as feisty when she arrives!
 |
| She looks just like Jacob!! |
I am so glad you have these wonderful doctors and a great hospital for lil Kate. She is strong and she will do great I just know it. We send prayers for her and you every day. We look forward to meeting her when she is strong enough to have visitors. Hugs to all of you.
ReplyDelete