Let me start out by saying - I'm already tired of going to the hospital and Dr.'s appts. And I have many, many more until Kate makes her big arrival. 2.5 hours at the doctor's is not the way I would like to spend my 5 hours while Jacob is at school! But on a good note, Kate's growth looks good. At 29.5 weeks, she is measuring ~ 2lb 13oz. I got a few ultrasound pics but none of her face again..she is so stubborn!
I also had a fetal cardio ultrasound and there wasn't much change from 4 weeks ago. We were informed that Kate might not have a bypass from her underdeveloped left side to the right side, so she might need intervention as soon as she is born. That would require an immediate transfer to Children's Hospital for a heart catheterization to open her atrium septum so blood does not fill in her lungs because it has no where to go. It is not a complicated procedure, and will not affect her readiness for her 1st open heart surgery. Still scary though that she could be transferred so soon. We will know more on May 1st at our next appointment. He hopes to confirm one way or the other if she will need the immediate intervention. It's tough to see at times since she doesn't always cooperate on the ultrasound!





Little Kate is already a strong fighter Mommy. I love the foot picture. So cute. She is going to do great when she arrives and we are keeping Kate and all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs
ReplyDeleteKate wants to surprise with her beauty. Remember how you didn't share Jacob's name with us before he was born. It left something to be found out after he was born. We were able to get new joy from the word Jacob.
ReplyDeleteI am sure Kate will leave us breathless with her beauty and fierce will to fight.